Hospice volunteers make a difference to patients and families at a very difficult time in their life. Volunteers often find their own lives enriched knowing their efforts have made a positive impact on another person’s life.
Volunteers can do a variety of things based on their skills, interests and talents. Volunteers can provide direct patient care or administrative support in the office. A volunteer may:
- Make visits to patients to read, write letters, play games, take walks, and provide relief to the caregiver
- Provide companionship to patients
- Assist with patient household activities like running errands or walking pets
- Make patient/family phone calls to ensure they have all items needed for a weekend/holiday
- Assist office staff with answering phones and mailing patient cards
- Assist in special projects such as sewing or making memory bears for patients
For more information on how you can make a difference in the life of a hospice patient, contact your local Angels Care Hospice today or Click to visit our job site.